Throughout the years, the process of software assess has become increasingly difficult. This happens due to neglecting proper license management practices, one’s inability to control software investments and complex structure of software licensing agreements. The fact that companies progressively decide to use cloud technology does not make this situation easier to handle. Because of those reasons, most companies struggle to be compliant with their license agreements.
Apparently, there exists a solution – purchasing a professional compliance management software. A well-rounded, efficient system ought to possess several functions, which enable your IT administration to handle this issue properly. The further description, based on statlook Asset Management feature, touches upon these aspects and describes how to create a neat, safe environment for your licenses.
The Aims of Software Audit Process
The process of license auditing ought to be performed continuously – providing that, IT administrators can constantly be switched on legal policies of your software. In order to understand the complexity of license compliance manager’s task, one should address several issues:
- Does your company possess a record of the licenses for all the purchased software?
- Has a software audit been conducted recently? If so, have been the results reconciled with the number of licenses?
- Do you provide yourself with an up-to-date inventory of both deployed and used software?
- Do you keep up with a set of policies concerning the processes of purchase and use of software?
- Are your subordinates aware of such policies being existent?